Mark Nozzle Orientation on Dish Fabrication:
I would like to explain in this post how to mark the nozzle on the dishes or heads through the use of fabrication methods and terms. By using AutoCAD software how to mark the nozzles on the exact position with proper angles and radius as follows.
Nozzle Orientation process in AutoCAD:
- First, observe the dish or head outer diameter with measurement tape or with any other types of equipment as your wish.
- After that plan, the elevation and how many nozzles are required for the dish. I already mention the all the details in the below AutoCAD drawing tutorial you can check the video.
- Then after mark the centre point on the top of dish with a marker by measuring the four parts. That means to divide the 360 degrees into four parts then you get each part 90 degrees.
- Draw one of the horizontal and vertical lines to form a centre point of the top dish.
- consider how many nozzles are required for example in this I am taking 8 nozzles. divide this by 360 degrees then you get each nozzle angle.
- 360 degrees/8 nozzles are equal to 45 degrees.
- Then you get each degree angle of all eight nozzles are 45 degrees
- This is easy to draw in AutoCAD with exact angles coming to fabrication terms it is somewhat difficult the process as follows:
- Mark the dish centre by using a dot-punch
- Check the OCF of the dish
- Example: 5232 mm OCF of the dish
= 5232 mm/360 degrees
= 14.81 degrees (each degree)
4. Example: The radius of the nozzle orientation is 645 mm
5. Mark the radius on the top of the dish with a large divider with the exact measurement and you can also adjust the measurements.
6. At the end of the dish measure the OCF of the dish after that list out all the angles where you want to place the angles for example:
0 to 60 degrees x 14.81 degrees = 888.6 mm
60 to 90 degrees x 14.81 degrees = 444.3 mm
90 to 120 degrees x 14.81 degrees = 444.3 mm
Like this, you can measure the all the angles with this process.
7. After getting the all the angles mark the distance at the bottom end of the circular dish with measuring tape and marker or dot punch.
8. after intersecting the all the dots with the centre point of the top dish then you can observe the angles on the Radius of the orientation and place the nozzles.
- Check the actual Radius (R)
- Check the pipe sizes equal or not
- Measure the lengths and angles properly with measurement tape
- Maintain the pipe cutting gap should be 10 mm
- After cut the orientation by the plasma torch.
- Fabricate the all the nozzles as per standards sch40, sch80 and ASA 150# SORF flanges Table-E PCD or normal as per client requirements.
Watch Full video: